A derma roller having a number of small needles on it used to roll over the skin to make innumerable tiny holes and how to use derma roller perfectly is our goal. The basic principle is that these holes help your skin to produce collagen and elastin fiber to rejuvenate your skin.
The derma roller therefore facilitates the serum and other products to be absorbed very quickly and effectively. Typically you can use this derma roller for both your face and other body parts.
Though the use of a derma roller is easy and simple you need to clean the roller and the area to be treated every time before and after use. You can also use an ideal hyalunoric acid serum for your skin after derma rolling to get the best result.
Step-1: Cleaning the roller and the area to be treated
- Disinfect the roller: Since the tiny needles penetrate the epidermis, so the needles should be disinfect first. Soak the derma roller in 70% isopropyl alcohol for at least 10 minutes. 70% solution is better than 90% solution since it does not evaporate as quickly. After 10 minutes pull it from solution and shake off excess alcohol. Let the microneedle roller completely dry out.
- Wash your face: Wash you face with hot water so that it is fully clean. You can also use for your face wash a gentle foaming cleanser. In case for cleaning other parts of body use shower gel and water. The ultimate goal is to clean skin, can be done by typical cleanser even. Please don’t use anything that is harsh, may be things like salicylic acid.
- Disinfect your skin: You need to disinfect your skin positively when using longer needles than 0.5mm long. Just like roller you can disinfect your skin by gently swiping and rubbing alcohol, 70% isopropyl across your skin.
Step-2: Rolling the dermarolling area
- Begin with numbing cream: Most of the people are not sensitive to microneedling. If you are sensitive to pain and using needles of 1.00 mm or more you need to use numbing cream. After applying numbing cream wait for 20 minutes before you start rolling. Look for any excess cream that is to be wiped off before rolling.
- Roll vertically: Start on one edge of your face from top to bottom avoiding eye areas. Lift the roller and repeat the process for the same area at least 4/5 times. Keep doing this process until the whole area is covered. If you are using longer needles of 1mm or more there might be a chance of bleeding. However if you see more blood than pinpricks of blood you must stop it and use shorter needles.
- Roll horizontally: Starting either from top or bottom rolls the machine horizontally. Then lift up and roll over the same area horizontally for 4/5 times. In this way you can finish the whole area. Somebody prefers diagonal rolling but it can lad for an uneven rolling and needling.
- Spot rolling: You can overdo rolling with microneedling but especially for your skin. It is therefore a good idea to limit each session of derma rolling under 2 minutes. Here derma rolling procedure plays important role as it is rolled over in different directions.
- Use derma roller every alternate day: When you use a roller off and on that can produce inflammation. By using a derma roller 3 or 5 times a week, giving your skin break every now and then. Some people take this treatment every 6 weeks for example.
Step-3: Cleaning up
- Rinse your face: After the end of microneedling session rinse your face with look warm water to any blood spots. You can also use a gentle cleanser for cleaning.
- Hydrate your skin: In order to hydrate your skin you can use a hydrating product after derma rolling. For example you can use a sheet mask that will help you to heal and hydrate quickly. Another option is that you can apply an anti wrinkle or anti aging serum after dermarolling. These serums will penetrate deep into skin layers with the micro holes.
- Clean the roller in dish soap: Now washes your derma roller with dish soap and hot water. Dish soap is better than other soap as because it can remove blood particle and clean your skin effectively. Put the soap and water in a container and shake well the roller in the solution. Lift it and dry naturally.
- Disinfect the roller after use: When the roller is dry enough soak the roller in 70% isopropyl alcohol. Let it be remaining for 10 minutes and then shake off the alcohol. Let it dry naturally.
Some tips and tricks to use a roller
- First of all know about your skin problems.
- What is the needle size you need for micro needling.
- Try to find best derma roller product.
- Use the best skincare product for your skin.
- Sanitize both derma roller and treated area.
- Add 1 or 2 layers of selected serum.
- Know the rolling technique properly
- Apply another layer of serum after derma rolling.
- Clean your derma roller after every use.
- Do not roll the derma roller with high pressure or low pressure.
- Must need to moisturize your skin.
- Do not share the derma roller with other person.
- Check the roller whether there is broken and bending needles.
- Keep patience for recovery time.
- Always try to follow the instruction very carefully.
- In order to avoid the cross infection don’t share a derma roller with others.
- It is not recommended to use with irritated, infected, active acne and eczema skins.
- Be very careful when rolling around the eyes.
- Do not go higher than cheekbones, only you can go higher by pulling the skin away from eye, one hand for pulling and other hand for rolling.
- Since the skin is very thin around eye and eyelids you should not do derma rolling there.
- All possible sources of contamination should be avoided
- During idle time keep the derma roller in its own case.
Leave a Reply