The overall pain and discomfort can be reduced by using the numbing cream but it will vary place to place of human body for individuals. This cream is a powerful anesthetic agent that can handle pain relief in almost all minor operational treatment procedures.
To get the best result you need to findout the perfect numbing cream according you needs like – Piercings, Tattoos or Waxing. No major side effects are found except a few minor like redness and inflammation for using numbing cream.
In modern treatment of tattooing, Piercings, Waxing, microneedling, microblading, laser hair removal and electrolysis, these numbing creams or gels are extensively used. Slight technique is needed while you are using these creams.
Quick Overview of The Top 5 Numbing Creams:
Sufficient cream is to be applied, if needed apply twice in layers and it should never be soaked by skin fully. The application is so simple that you put the numbing cream on the treated area in thick layers and don’t rub all the cream you have already put in order to get the pain relief and discomfort.
The application of numbing cream is getting popular day by day due to its effectiveness and easy application. You can also use this cream before using any dermaplaning tools. Now we are going discuss about the top 10 numbing cream below that will help you to find out the perfect one according your needs.
10 Best Numbing Cream Reviews in 2021
#1 Numb 520: Over the Counter Numbing Cream
This numbing cream comes with anesthetic active ingredient lidocaine 5% per subpart B. It can effectively relief discomfort and itching in connection with anorectal disorder. It offers temporary relief of pain, burning and soreness while doing any major or minor surgical operation on your skin and face.
Be careful to use it only externally. This Ebanel Numb 520 cream has been manufactured by FDA registered and with ISO certificate 1348. The ingredient lidocaine has been encapsulated into liposome that enhances the absorbing capacity of cream. Since the skin can quickly absorb it the result of numbing effect is maximum as like as an OTC drug.
The numbing cream effect will be seen within 2-3 minutes after application. The 100% result can be found after 20-25 minutes that will last for one hour at least. This product is a non greasy cream and very easy to apply and remove as well. Avoid evaporation and try to apply a generous layer only so that it may be well absorbed by the skin.
You should not use it in case of redness, swelling and irritation and in such case you should consult a local doctor. Before applying it cleanse your face with warm water and mild soap. You can apply 3 times daily.
Keep this numbing cream away from sunlight and heat and store it in a cool place. The main active ingredient is lidocaine while the other inactive ingredients are water, alcohol, carbomer, lecithin, cholesterol and many others.
This over the counter numbing cream can be effectively used in microneedling, dermarolling, microblading, waxing, tattoos, piercings and laser treatment for hair removal. It is nowadays used by almost all tattooing. This is not like a hand lotion rather uses it generously over the skin to get the maximum result.
- This numbing cream effect starts within 2-3 minutes.
- Fantastic result in tattooing.
- It is great for piercing and waxing too.
- This cream is very effective in removing skin tags.
- Not so effective for too long procedures.
#2 Numb Master: Clinical Resolution Topical Anesthetic Cream
This product of numbing cream is a pre-tested gel-1.0 oz-5% lidocaine. It is non cakey, non sticky and non oily. This cream utilizes the latest formula to achieve the ultimate result.
The total numbing or sensation effect reaches within 20-25 minutes to the patients. The active ingredient is lidocaine – 5% is utilized for local anesthetic. This cream is well utilized for temporary relief of local and anorectal discomfort.
This topical anesthetic cream is for external use only and in case of pain, swelling, redness and irritation avoid using this product or you can consult with local doctors. Before applying the cream you should cleanse the affected area with warm water and mild soap.
You can apply maximum 6 times a day. Keep the product away from sun light and heat. Store it in room temperature. The inactive ingredients are water, carbomer, alcohol, ethoxydiglycol, lecithin, cholesterol, sodium polyacrylate, allanation and many more.
This numbing cream can be effectively used for tattoos, piercings, waxing, threading and leaser treatment. Also you can use in microneedling, microblading and many other treatments and minor operations. It can also be used while using a microneedling dermapen and almost all tattooing.
This topical anesthetic cream cannot be used for:
- Pregnanat or breast – feeding woman.
- In case of accidental overdose.
- Temper evident or expiry of warranty.
- Do not exceed over dose.
- Never put in rectum by fingers.
Keep the cream for 30 minutes and cover the face with saran wrap and works great. This works very well and last for long time.
The cream with saran wrap takes 30 minutes to settle down and you can easily do tattooing for 1-1.5 hrs. With no pain at all. When you are doing laser hair removal from face you need to use this cream very effectively.
If however there is a great chance of more injury and pain you can apply this topical anesthetic cream 2 times after one another to get better result.
- This is very effective in waxing and piercings.
- Peak performance within 15-20 minutes.
- It is also perfect for laser hair removal.
- It perfectly works for electrolysis too.
- Sometime does not work in armpit very well.
#3 Lidocaine Blue Gel: Strongest Numbing Gel for Tattoos
This numbing cream contains 4% Lidocaine as the active ingredient. This is a fast numbing agent in so many applications and it won’t affect color or healing. The product is specially designed for different procedures like tattooing, permanent makeup and body piercing.
This is applied to eyebrows, lips, eyeliner, laser hair removal and electrology treatment. It relieves pain temporary and also swelling It starts working within 2-3 minutes and 100% effective after 20 minutes that last for about an hour. Sometime this skin anesthetization depends on the type of operation and type of patients.
The product has been designed in such a way that it will not affect color and healing process. During its application no prescription or no instruction is needed. You should do the skin sensitivity test before applying this over the counter numbing cream.
With the occlusive dressing apply the cream to broken skin. This cream is ineffective in case of intact skin. You should wait until anesthetic effect occurs (2-5 minutes later) before starting the procedure. Do not reapply same cream at the same place.
Any contact with eyes is dangerous. Keep out of reach from children since the swallowing is also dangerous. You cannot apply to a patient with severe liver disease. Avoid if you have a known allergy or sensitivity to any of the components.
If sensitivity exists you must consult your local doctor. Do not apply large quantities over raw surfaces or blistered area. Do not apply this tattoo numbing cream on pregnant woman.
Few notes about this top quality numbing gel:
- You may notice temporary balancing, skin irritation or sensitivity of the skin where it is applied.
- Won’t feel any pain and always avoid sources of heat.
- You may have delayed swelling when the drug is dissipated.
- Very much effective during permanent makeup.
- Shows best effect during tattooing on leg.
- It works well in microblading procedure.
- An excellent anesthetic for many procedures.
- Not much good for too long procedures.
#4 GREENCAINE BLAST: Perfect Numbing Cream for Microblading
This numbing cream is preferred by all licensed beauty aestheticians. You need not to be worried while applying any of the beauty procedures as because this anesthetic cream will relieve you from all sorts of pain and discomforts.
Now you can easily be prepared for numbing at your home instead of professional office. In relax mode you apply this product yourself at home and minimize pain, reduce anxiety.
You can easily try it without any risk. This topical anesthetic cream is a high quality product that really works fantastic. This greencaine blast has been manufactured in USA in FDA supervised facility.
There a guarantee from the manufacturer that 30 days after prompt and courteous refund. Greencaine numbing cream has been made by ALMA laboratories and there is a 100% refund policy guarantee.
It can be considered as one of the top numbing cream for microblading and permanent makeup. It also works very nicely in microblading pigmentation and tattooing. The main active ingredient of the product is lidocaine 4% as topical anesthetic. This product is made for external use only and keeps it away from fire, flame, heat, electrical sparks.
Applications of this topical anesthetic cream are:
- While you are microneedling.
- When you do microblading.
- While you do dermabrasion.
- In case of tattooing.
- When removing tattoos
- Laser hair removal.
- Brazilian waxing Epilating.
- When you do electrolysis.
Avoid any contact with your eyes. Do not use more quantities in blistered area and raw surfaces. For adults you can apply 3-4 times maximum daily. This product possesses the inactive ingredients aloe vera, caprylyl glycol, glycerin, jojoba oil, carbomer, water and alcohol. While applying this numbing cream a moderate thick layer works best.
The Layer dimension is 2-3 millimeter or 1/16 – 1/32 inch thick. For 100% numbing effect the eyebrow area takes 30 minutes while in other body parts it takes 45 minutes.
The duration of applications also an important factor for numbness. However we have dicussed in detail about 10 branded numbing creams and we consider greencaine blast as one of the best anesthetic cream for waxing.
- MADE IN USA.
- No pain at all during tattooing.
- Very good result for under arms waxing.
- Most electrologist recommend this gel.
- Works nicely during microneedling
- Does not work for long time.
#5 Zensa Topical Anesthetic Cream Review
This product of numbing cream comes with 5% lidocaine, the active ingredients. This topical anesthetic cream gives a fantastic numbing sensation in almost all applications. The Zensa topical anesthetic cream is manufactured in USA and certified by health Canada and FDA approved.
It also contains Vitamin E, an antioxidant that offers anti-inflammatory properties which can subside the itching, stringing, and burning. This numbing cream also facilitates fast skin healing. It can do successfully numbing effect to all most all painful procedures including waxing, tattooing, laser hair removal and injections.
The benefits of this topical anesthetic cream are:
- It is most natural numbing cream in the market.
- Contains vitamin E and boost the healing process.
- It does not constrict blood flow in tattooing.
- Best numbing effect for microblading and waxing
How to use this numbing cream for tattoos:
- At first take a hot shower or use an alcohol swab on the desired affected area.
- Apply on the skin a generous layer of Zensa anesthetic cream. Wait for 5 minutes and apply a second layer. Never rub it on the skin.
- Cover the area with airtight dressing and ensure that no leakage is found.
- Remove dressing after 30-45 minutes and wipe the excess cream thoroughly before procedure starts.
I was nervous while I was taking tattoo. However I applied a thick layer on my arm an hour before getting my tattoo and tightly wrapped it with saran wrap. Just before starting the procedure I applied a bit more this numbing cream.
The time for tattoo was a bit longer than I anticipated. My artist worked so well that I could not feel at all and was totally calm. I could not feel of needling rather I felt some vibration of the machine. It was truly amazing.
- Very effective during cosmetic tattooing.
- Good result during laser hair removal.
- It works perfectly on microblading clients.
- Amazing for eyebrow tattoos
- Sometime less effect for few skin.
#6 HUSH Tattoo Numbing Gel: Ideal Numbing Gel for Tattoos
This Hush tattoo numbing gel comes with 5% lidocaine active ingredient and is perfect for tattooing offering 2 hours pain free treatment. It will not affect any tattoo ink or any healing process. It does not contain epinephrine. This numbing cream is so formulated that it can be used before and during tattooing. You need not to break skin first.
This product of Hush numbing gel is very much effective for tattooing, tattoo removal, waxing, piercing, laser hair remove and permanent makeup. The product id FDA approved and artist approved. It can be well used prior to any type of broken skin also safe for all types of skins. This non oily and clear anesthetic gel contains of unique blend extracts along with aloe vera.
As a result Hush tattoo numbing gel does not affect any color ink, reduces redness and inflammation throughout and after the process Its specification has been made in such a way that it is best suited for tattooing all over the body and safe for sensitive skin.
In addition, it is paraben free. If you are allergic to the ingredients you should not use this product. Never use in blistered area, also in raw surfaces and near eyes. If your skin is irritated and become worsen stop applying and consult your local doctor.
Always apply this Hush numbing gel before the skin breaks down. Apply a thick layer on the tattooing area, spread evenly throughout the area along with edges. Now you need to wrap with plastic wrap for one hour for better absorption.
Remove the plastic wrap and go for tattooing. The ingredients are purified water, SD alcohol 40B, aloe leaf extract, glycerin, menthol, propylene glycol, flower extract, calendula and many more.
How to apply this Hush tattoo numbing gel for tattoo:
- Wash and dry your arm with hot water before tattooing.
- Rub in a good amount in the numbing area.
- Have a piece of saran wrap and few pieces of tape.
- Put another layer of numbing cream but don’t rub it.
- Put saran wrap tightly with no air gap.
- Feel no pain with less redness and swelling.
- No pain and no side effect.
- Amazing product with worth money.
- It provides healing is fast
- Nice result tattooing on forearm and eyebrows.
- Numbing effect sometime for short time.
- Not so effective in microblading
#7 Deeveeant Tattoo Numbing Cream Review
This Deeveeant numbing cream is a quality tattooing, a laser hair removal, epilating, waxing, epilating and injections. It also offers better treatment for microblading, microneedling, and piercings. The product is a medical grade lidocream used in multiple derma procedures with ultimate results. This is a high quality analgesic anesthetic cream.
Most of the numbing cream made of 4% or 5% lidocaine with some fillers only—that’s all. But in case of Deeveeant cream there is formula “Triple – Dip” of botanical extracts that work in harmony with the numbing agent.
The three ingredient aloe vera, tea tree and jojoba oil you get the cream that reduces redness, inflammation and help skin regeneration, healing process. In addition this numbing cream provides anti bacterial protection too.
With the medical grade lidocaine it offers better penetration and strongest painkilling power. It is non oily and non sticky with no irritation and burning sensation, wearing clothes are friendly.
This numbing cream is USFDA part b348 approved. This premier grade killer cream delivers maximum strength into the dermis where it is needed. Your skin has no sensation for long 2 hours.
More soothe and less ouch. It is advantageous that the unique design of the tube anti-leaching and a child resistant cap. The product is very easy to use and durable that means it won’t split crack or dry out to become stale.
We have reviewed 10 products in detail and consider this one as one of the top quality numbing cream for tattoo in present market.
How to use this numbing cream for microblading:
- Wipe the treated area with a damp cloth and pat dry.
- Rub the Deeveeant anesthetic cream over the affected area. Rub lightly not to dissolve the cream entirely. Leave a thick layer of numbing gel in the area.
- Wrap up to ensure so that cream does not dry out. Top up cream if needed and consider an occlusive plastic wrap.
- Relax for about 45 minutes. Numbing will start within 30 minutes. Best result can be found in 45 minutes. The microblading session is about 90 minutes.
- Wipe out all residues with damp cloths.
- Works nicely in microneedling.
- No pain and no side effects.
- Very much effective during waxing.
- No pain during microblading too.
- Very much effective in tattooing.
- Sometime take few more time to start effect.
#8 Numb-ify Skin Numbing Cream for Tattoos
This product is a powerful pain relieving numbing cream in the present market. It is formulated in such a way that it can easily relief pain and itch needed for anorectal hemorrhoids.
The product has been formulated with 5% lidocaine provides fast pain relief while there is deep penetration. Also it is formulated with natural ingredients for a healthier experience.
In addition, this numbing cream is a relaxing tropical scent which is delightful and pleasant. The gold colored anesthetic cream when rubbed offers an excellent result in removing pain. The active ingredient is lidocaineHCL – 5%, and the purpose of it is topical anesthethetic is meant for professional use only.
Do not use this cream if you have a known allergy matching with the ingredients of it and mostly used for temporary pain relief. You should do skin test prior to use. If sensitivity occurs then discontinue the use of it. Also if irritation occurs consult the local doctor. This product is manufactured, packaged and distributed by pain relief naturally 4995 regd. Dr. NE Salem.
This numbing cream has the inactive ingredients purified water, alcohol, kava kava, chamomile, carbomer, arrowroot powder and fragrance. It is only for external use but not for around eyes.
- This cream works fast and strong pain killer
- It is fantastic for tattooing.
- This product also works well during microblading.
- Works well in common procedures.
- Sometime it effects to change color.
#9 TOPICAINE 5: Topical Anesthetic Gel for Tattoos
This Topicaine-5 topical anesthetic gel comes with 5% lidocaine which is a fast acting topical anesthetic to relieve pain. It has become one of the fast acting anesthetic providing excellent skin numbing result found 20-60 minutes post application.
The skin numbness has been proved by clinical studies and made in USA, FDA approved. It is non-oily and translucent gel wipes off easily and cleanly. This numbing cream has no effect on tattoo ink, laser hair removal, permanent makeup and electrolysis.
When you apply this topical anesthetic gel in treated area it gives you cooling and soothing effect. It does not easily dry out or flake off. This product has been formulated in such away that the micro emulsion facilitate rapid penetration with soothing agent that allows general pain relief and anorectic pain relief.
Topicaine-5 topical anesthetic gel contains maximum concentration lidocaine is available online and nationwide pharmacies. The gel is easily available in tattoo studios, spas, laser clinic, and permanent makeup studios.
You should be careful to use anorectal pain, when applied perianal region it can quickly numb the skin but never insert in the rectum. Topicane is also available with 4% concentration of lidocaine. It is used for pain relief caused by minor skin irritation, minor burns, minor cuts and insect bites.
How fast topical anesthetic gel acts?
Don’t be confused with instant numbing. It is absolutely false since without breaking of skin numbing is not possible. The effect of numbing varies place to place of a body. In general thicker skin takes more time for numbing than thinner skin.
Since the thicker skin has got many keratinized layers acting as barrier. So this topical anesthetic gel has been formulated in such away that it can easily penetrate these barriers.
- No pain, no uncomfortable feeling.
- Amazing for piercing and tattooing.
- Good product during Laser treatment
- This is very effective for pre tattooing
- Sometime anesthetic effect reduces during procedure.
- Long time for full effect.
#10 Medinumb Skin Numbing Cream for Laser Hair Removal
This Medinumb numbing cream is successfully relief the pain in many procedures like tattooing, laser hair removal, waxing and piercing, microblading and micro needling. So you can be sure to get skin numbing result for pain relief.
This numbing cream is made with active ingredient lidocaine 4% plus 3 penetrating botanicals. It kicks off pain, soothe the skin, and reduce swelling and offers anti bacterial safety. It is found that medinumb will deliver maximum strength of lidocaine into the dermis where it is needed. Your skin pain is desensitized after 2 hours.
The most important problem with most of the numbing cream that they leave oily residue or worse. But this cream js formulated in such a way that it is non oily. It is used worldwide for most of the common procedures. It is made in USA, certified by FDA and approved by most of doctors and artists.
5 steps to use this numbing cream for waxing, tattoos & laser:
- Wipe the area with a damp cloth and pat dry.
- Smear this cream over the treated area, lightly rub, don’t dissolve entire cream, leave a thick layer.
- Ensure that the cream does not dry out totally. Top up cream if needed qand arrange for an occlusive wrap (plastic wrap) if you desire.
- Kick back for 45 minutes—numbing will start nearly 30 minutes. You can achieve expected result within 45-60 minutes, for tattoos it will be 90 minutes.
- Wipe out ball the residues with a damp cloth, now you are fully set up.
- It is awesome product for sunburn.
- This product is effective in most common treatment procedures.
- It reduce pain during tattooing.
- This is also effective during microneedling.
- The numbing effect last long.
- It is soaked by skin easily
Questions and Answers on Numbing Cream:
What is numbing cream?
Ans: A numbing cream is an anesthetic cream that takes away physical sensation of body parts or skin where it is applied. Since any operation major or minor involves unbearable pain and discomfort, this cream comes as a remedy.
Most numbing cream contains one of the three chemical ingredients benzocaine, tetracaine or lidocaine though the lidocaine is most popular now days, the concentration being 4-5% maximum.
Can you numb your skin before getting a tattoo?
Ans: Yes, though it seems to be easy to apply numbing cream is not so easy. First you wash the area with water and mild soap. Then pat. Dry. Try to apply the exact amount cream in layers by gentle rubbing. Don’t rub the full amount. Less than required amount may not relief pain and excess amount may cause side effects. So, you need to be very careful.
Do tattoo artist use numbing cream?
Ans: Yes, most of the tattoo artists are in favor of using numbing cream while a few dislike this cream. The reason for likeness is evident that it relieves pain and discomfort extensively during procedure.
The main reasons for disliking are that they think the process of tattooing will be delayed by using numbing cream and there will be interference of this cream with tattoo ink.
How well does numbing cream work?
Ans: Numbing cream is very much effective in stopping physical sensation of nerves in medical treatment procedures. All creams possess an ingredient lidocaine, an anesthetic with analgesic, cardiac, and sedative properties that blocks the nerve to send signals of pain to brain.
The result of this blocking is nothing but pain free feeling. So you can get the effective result from choosing the ideal numbing cream for yourself.
How long does numbing cream last?
Ans: The duration of numbness depends mostly on three things. One is the correct choice of numbing cream, second is the place of application in your body that needs treatment procedure, and the last one is the medication you take during and after procedure.
In normal condition when you are treating for microneedling, microblading, tattoos, and laser hair removal the numbing sensation remains up to 60-90 minutes maximum.
Can you buy over the counter numbing cream?
Ans: Yes, there is good news that you can buy topical anesthetic and numbing cream over the counter very easily. Lidocaine creams or anesthetic creams that cause temporary numbness in the area where it is applied, the creams are available over the counter for buying.
Some of the more common numbing creams that are available as over the counter cream are lidocaine LMX and lidocaine plus maximum.
What is the best tattoo numbing cream?
Ans: Normally Lidocaine and prilocaine are the base of numbing cream and when combined together it becomes cream. When lidocaine tattoo anesthetic and prilocaine anesthetic are combined is easily applied and fast effective.
There are lots of tattoo numbing creams in present market but according out observation the most effective are Numb master 5%, Hush anesthetic, Numb 520 and LMX 5% topical. The application procedure and the place of application depend for its effectiveness.
Buying guide to choose perfect numbing cream:
In this article we have reviewed in detail 10 different numbing creams from different manufacturers with their pros and cons.
While you are going to buy any numbing cream you need to select appropriate one first. As such we are describing the different aspects of creams here.
6 Things to consider to select the best numbing cream:
Numbing creams are helpful to numb the small area of body to get relief from intolerable pain. You should consider the following things while choosing a numbing cream.
- Your purpose: Some desensitizing cream like Numbskin used for multipurpose and used for all minor surgery and inking. Sometime we need to desensitize inside of the mouth and then you need oral cream especially for dentist.
- Check the active ingredients: Topical numbing cream contain lidocaine which is the best ingredients at the concentration of 5%. This is the perfect amount of ingredient for an ideal anesthetic cream. Ensure that the PH esteem is under seven.
- Do I need doctor’s prescription? A great part of topical numb cream can be obtained from over the counter. In case other serious conditions you must consult with the specialist before using desensitizing cream. Now over the counter numbing cream fulfill most of the demands.
- Know the pros and cons: It has been found in most of the cases that these creams have not enough reaction or side effects. If however your selection is wrong you may feel disturbance, redness or smoldering sensation. Some of numbing cream set a lot of opportunities for numbing your skin when the others do rapidly.
- Quality is a must: Not every numbing cream is very effective to numb the skin appropriately. After detail auditing pick the high quality cream for your needs. Apart from this the product must be certified by FDA and other govt. organizations. You can then choose the correct cream from a lot.
- Numbing cream is not for big surgeries: You should know that these creams are only applicable to minor surgeries. It is noted that numbing cream cannot be applied to major operation and that is why the doctors apply anesthesia here.
Numbing cream is a powerful anesthetic agent to use in most of the piercing activities in medical treatment. This product is getting its popularity day by day for simple application procedure. It effectively kills pain in tattooing, waxing, microneedling, microblading, laser hair removal and many more applications.
there are no major side effect except a few minor. When you need to select the effective numbing cream you should consider the place of application and your pain absorbing capacity.
In different cases your local doctor or anesthetist will give you best suggestion in choosing the numbing cream. The price of the product should not be a factor rather to choose the best and correct numbing cream is most important.